Friday, February 27, 2015

My Classroom

So, I haven't posted because, well,  I have no good excuse. I would say I have been to busy but I haven't. (no busier than any other Math teacher anyways) I wanted to do a post about my classroom decor. All of these pictures are from the beginning of school pre-students in classroom, so right now looks a bit more lived in than the pictures suggest. I have to shout out to my girl Micayla who helps me out all the time. She's my right hand gal.
 Ok, confession... I HATE desks. I I had my way I would have collaborative table groups every day but my building doesn't have anything but desks so we make do. My desks are almost never in rows except testing days so I will post in the future about some of the desk arrangement. (Note: The black bookcase in the back now lives in an english classroom, I have a tall brown one that will soon get a paint job to better fit in. 
This is the view as you enter my classroom, the blue board is my word wall and has a scattered look of all our vocabulary words for Algebra 1 and 8th grade math. (I need to think of some interesting ways to update my word wall because right now its scattered and I think a little boring)
The front of my room as the students see it. The top of the board is decorated in memes made and scavenged from the web. I saw this idea on Pinterest and my students love them. They will for sure be reappearing in years to come. I will post some close ups once I find the link to give credit where it is due.

So that's my room... or rather, that is what it began as this year... It was a real labor of love as we settled in before my building had air conditioning running in the hottest month of West Texas summer. 

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment